Sixth User-Driven Quarterly Release Further Strengthens User Experience
Paris, France – June 28, 2018 – E-on software, a leading global developer of software for the creation, animation, rendering, and integration of natural 3D environments in the computer graphics, VFX, architecture, and gaming industries, today announced the immediate availability of Release 6 (R6) of its VUE and PlantFactory 2016 software.
The free trial versions of its VUE 2016 and PlantFactory 2016 R6 software are also immediately available.
Key New Features in VUE 2016 R6
UI/UX and navigation improvements:
- Vastly improved display speed and UI responsiveness
- New interactive multi-object selection display
- New mouse-centered and advanced target-centered scene navigation modes that can be set on a per camera basis
- New drop on top/smart drop on top actions
- 2 new replace-by scaling options
- ¹Updated industry standard shortcuts, and addition of several new shortcut triggers
- Improved top-view spline editor
- Revamped import options
Atmospheric effects and lighting:
- Image based lighting (IBL) importance sampling greatly improves lighting accuracy
- Set gamma corrections for environment maps
- Randomize cloud layers parameters
- Several improvements on MetaCloud technology (density production, auto scale, additional volumetric material roughness and more)
- Up to 6x faster EcoSystem cache generation
- 10% faster rendering of very large EcoSystem populations
- Faster overall read and write mechanisms
EcoSystem populations with native instances in 3dsMax, Maya and Cinema4D¹:
- Populate EcoSystems onto native assets
- Add native assets/proxies to EcoSystem population lists
- Load scenes created with Carbon Scatter
- VUE xStream now supports LightWave 2018
- EcoSystem display quality can be set for each item in the population list, and set to box, point cloud, billboard or geometry
- Dramatically faster EcoSystem display
¹ VUE xStream only
Key new features in PlantFactory 2016 R6
Creative tools --
New diamond leaves node:
- Allows massive savings on polygon footprint
- Adds subdivision boost, mid-rib angle and curvature parameters for precise fine tuning
- New diamond shape cutout from regular texture maps and new diamond UV mode (45° tilted texture map) for optimizing polygon space
Seasonal material editor dedicated to Bentley LumenRT real-time engine²:
- Set as many season steps as necessary (each step relates to a specific set of textures and color shift)
- New color-shift mask to apply seasonal color shift only where it matters (e.g. leaves but not branches)
- Complete animation tool set to handle gradual seasonality changes throughout the plant life cycle
Flower node improvements³:
- New dedicated 2D profile filter editor to easily add more flower geometry complexity
- Updated trumpet flower node to take advantage of new 2D filter
- New flower gravitropism parameter to simulate gravity effects on flowers
UI/UX and navigation improvements --
- Industry standard shortcuts (Alt based navigation)
Release 6 (R6) is available as a free software update for all registered users of VUE and PlantFactory 2016.
The 2016 R6 trial versions are also immediately available. Users can download the 2016 R6 trial versions at no charge from https://info.e-onsoftware.com/try.
All VUE and PlantFactory 2016 software titles are available in English, French and German and perform under all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (64 bit only), and Mac Intel (64 bit) for MacOSX 10.7+.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (VUE, PlantFactory, CloudFactory Ozone and Carbon Scatter). E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as Dr. Strange, Kubo and the 2 Strings, Jupiter Ascending, Minions, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Croods, Dragons 1&2, Hunger Games, Hugo, Tintin, Super 8, Thor, Avatar, Clash of the Titans, Sucker Punch, Despicable Me 1&2, The Wolf Man, 2012, Lovely Bones, GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra, Land of the Lost, Terminator 4, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Indiana Jones 4, Monster Vs Aliens, Australia, The Spiderwick Chronicles, KungFu Panda, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and TV series such as Spartacus, Smallville, Battlestar Gallactica, Caprica, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Continuum, The Vampire Diaries, and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: https://info.e-onsoftware.com/meetourusers.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources in research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning digital nature scenery.
In 2015, e-on software was acquired by Bentley Systems and now operates as an internal venture subsidiary.
E-on software is based in Paris, France. For more information visit https://info.e-onsoftware.com.
Download the entire press release, here.